Monday, February 28, 2011

does methotrexate cure arthritis?

I have RA is positive for the last 5 years and my age is 35 women. I am currently with Ayurvedic treatment and now I have the advice of my doctor with methotrexate treatment with tablets to take. Methotrexate is not a cure for RA. There is no cure at this point, however, Methotrexate ease symptoms and disease progression. Hope this helps. Methotrexate is a common treatment for RA that has been used successfully for many years. But to no medicine to cure arthritis. Methotrexate is actually a chemotherapy drug, but it is used in small doses for RA and works by suppressing the immune system, which is overactive in autoimmune disease. It is usually used for more aggressive treatment, and some people define damage to the joints of RA slowly. It is relatively inexpensive and works for many people. But scrolling through your liver, so you need regular blood tests to get and you can not drink. But if they work for you, the'm worth methotrexate, but now that I am not my dose of relief that, in combination with other drugs (Plaquenil, Naprosyn), so my doctor has me on Enbrel - This is a new, expensive injectable drugs that work on a specific protein in the immune system (it is a TNF-blocker). Enbrel in combination with other substances believed to bioligic really slow down or stop the damage from RA. I'm on Enbrel for 6 months and I am in complete remission. But there is only forgiveness - I can always have a different style, God forbid. Good luck with the Methotrexate - hopefully you are able to bear it, and with very good results - your doctor, of course, means that you should receive aggressive treatment if they want to go to methotrexate. Just be sure to drink, and follow your doctor's opinion, and hopefully you can get a relief of symptoms or remission, but at this point there is no way to treat RA at this point. However, keep your fingers crossed for the future http://wwwarthritis.org visit a lot of information! - There is a discussion forum on the AR in touch with a lot of information very well and is a great place to talk to other people with RA. Good luck.

0 comments:

Post a Comment